What Are The Best Places To Visit In Vietnam?
Vietnam is one of the world's most favored tourist destinations, with an international visitor count of 18 million in 2019. The country's chaotic metropolises, blissful islands, and sprawling landscapes offer a unique getaway to tourists unlike any other place in the world. You must remember some important things before traveling abroad, So if you are among the hundreds of thousands of people planning a trip to Vietnam, then we have got your back with our list of the best places to travel in Vietnam.
Top Spots in Vietnam That Should Be on Every Travel Junky's List
- Da Lat – Alternately known as the 'City of Eternal Spring,' Da Lat is renowned for its wide variety of flowers and vegetables and innumerable natural sites. Da Lat is located amidst Southern Vietnam's Central Highlands, perched around a beautiful lake and a golf course and engulfed by stunning hills, lakes, forests, and waterfalls. Da Lat is a dreamy and poetic destination but highly underrated and a must-visit for every travel-junky.
- Sapa – Home to 5 ethnic Vietnamese tribes, Sapa is one of Vietnam's best places to visit. Located in Lao Cao province, Sapa is a great place to relax amidst nature during your vacation. The magnanimous mountain ranges of Sapa boast hiking and trekking areas, which are world-famous, and offer some much-needed thrill within the tranquil. You can explore Sapa's remote villages, Hmong and Red Zdao, or indulge in the mesmerizing scenery of rice terraces and the Thac Bac waterfalls. You can directly take an overnight train from Hanoi to reach Sapa.
- Hoi An – It is an ancient town whose history can be traced back to 2000 years. Hoi An is a port that connects Vietnam to other countries and is a town that reeks of old-world charm, archaic architecture, and a mesmerizing lantern-lit river. Around the outskirts of Hoi An, you can find multiple traditional villages whose main occupations have been crafting, old-school farming, and fishing for hundreds of years. These atmospheric quarters offer a unique insight into a world untouched by time's writhing forces. In addition, the Old Town of Hoi An is a fascinating quarter filled with quaint Japanese-style buildings, local shops for clothes, shoes, and bags, and hospital and wholesome eateries.
- Hue Imperial City – The imperial grandeur and aura of Hue make it one of the best places to visit in Vietnam. Once the capital of Vietnam, Hue continues to retain much of its royal history, despite being a battleground during the Vietnam War. You can explore the towering Citadel and Imperial City complex and visit the Nguyen Kings' peaceful tombs. The Tall Flag Tower is Hue's most prominent feature and attracts many visitors daily. A river called the Perfume River splits Hue city into two, and you can cruise on a fun boating ride in the afternoon.
- Mekong Delta – Any blog enlisting the best places to visit in Vietnam is incomplete without the world-famous Mekong Delta. The colorful riverine life, blooming orchards, welcoming locals, and lush paddies make Mekong Delta a unique tourist spot. The Nine Dragon River is where the Mekong River meets the sea, where you can bask in fun boating rides. Furthermore, the floating markets and tropical fruit orchards serve as the perfect cherry on top.
So, there we have it, the five best places to visit in Vietnam for your upcoming trip.